One of the most important tools when using your truck for utility purposes is a great winch. A winch is very convenient and helpful especially when you are hoisting, lifting and hauling heavy loads. Aside from using a winch for utilities, you could also use it for recovering vehicles whenever you get stuck in mud or difficult terrains. All you have to do is push a button and your winch would surely do its job.
Though a winch would be able to help you do certain tasks, securing something that comes with a heavy load such a cargo is something you would also have to consider as a winch alone will not be able to secure it. Hence, you will have to have a winch strap which could help you secure any heavy load.
What Is A Winch Strap?
A winch strap is a tool that could be used for securing a cargo which often times are used for the cargo to be loaded into a truck. It works by tightening a load together. It creates tension to hold the cargo together in place. They are often times made of polyester webbing which makes them very durable which could handle different types of weather and sharp objects.
Benefits of A Winch Strap
When you are trying to secure a cargo or any load, you must have the best winch strap and when you have the best winch strap, you would be able to have and experience the following benefits:
- Soft and Light – they are not like chains or other securing tools. They are very soft and light which would definitely be convenient when dealing with fragile loads.
- Durable – Since they are soft and light, you might think that they are not strong. That is not the case here as they are very durable with its polyester webbing make up. In fact, winch straps are protected from wear and tear.
- Cheap -They are affordable and inexpensive
- Ease of Use – They are very easy to install. You would not even need to do complex knots for you to ensure that your load is secured.
Where is Winch Strap Best Used?
Winch straps could be used in flatbed trailers. They could help you secure your load through the process of wrapping your load lengthwise then tighten it with a winch.
To improve your winch’s strap’s lifespan, try to check some corner protecter which could protect the corners or edges of your strap. This would definitely lessen wear and tear.
How to Use A Winch Strap
- Spool your winch – this would help you keep your winch strap freely.
- Wrap your winch strap lengthwise around your load. This will ensure that your winch strap will not twist.
- Anchor the winch strap – Look for an anchoring point where your winch could hold onto.
- Lock the winch which would help you in stopping your straps to spool freely.
- Tighten it with the winch which you have just installed.
Here are some of our winch trailer mount recommendations:
- Extreme Max 5600.3084 Universal 2′ Receiver Hitch Winch Mount
- RUGCEL Winch Mounting Plate
- ZEAK 36′ Universal Winch Mounting Plate 13000lb Mount
- Smittybilt 4432 License Plate Mount Bracket
We hope that through this article, you were able to learn important information which you could use as a guide on using a winch strap. Aside from this guide, we also have other guides which could help you. Check out our articles on Offroad Boar Winch Review, Ironton Winch Review and Best Runva Winch Review.