Having a jeep wrangler would make you for sure want to take care of it especially when its exteriors and interiors are all shining, shimmering and looking all good. However, it is inevitable for your jeep not to get scratched. We understand how this could be devastating especially when you give extra loving care to your jeep. Do not worry as this could be solved. In this article, we shall provide you methods on how to fix scratches on your plastic dashboards and some dos and don’ts.
There are two options when your jeep wrangler gets scratch and they are the following:
- Bring it to the dealership or automotive service repair shop
- Learn how to do it yourself
If you wish to avoid extra bills, you could learn how to do this yourself. All you have to do is read further and learn how to carefully fix the scratches on your plastic dashboard. In this article you will learn how to remove scuff marks from jeep dash. Just follow the guidelines in this article and your jeep would look as good as it could.
Before we go deeper, here are some of the tools that you would need:
- Heat gun or hair dryer which will be your source of heat which would be needed to heat your plastic dashboard surface. With this tool, you could shape and modify other dashboard areas.
- Car cleaner for your vehicle’s interior. You would need this to clean the inner dirt which could accumulate from the plastic
- Cleaning cloth. We highly recommend that you get one that is made of microfiber.
- Grit sandpaper to ensure you finish up the surfaces
- Grain pads or also called as textured automotive finishing. This one is for your jeep’s interior.
- Gloves – this would help protect your dashboard from marks of your hands.
How to Fix Scratches On A Plastic Dashboard
Use Your Jeep Cleaner to Clean Your Jeep’s Interior
If you are meticulous, use a microfiber cloth to wipe the surface of your jeep’s dashboard. Ensure you wipe the surface dry.
Use the Grit Sandpaper and Shave the Affected Surface
There could be remnants due to your dashboard being scratch. To get rid of the remnants, use a sandpaper. Ensure to carefully shave the remnants off.
Use the Heat Gun or Hair Dryer, Heat Up the Affected Surface with The Scratches On It
This step makes the dashboard glossy after using the sandpaper on it. Use middle heat level and carefully put it near the surface. Do this for a few minutes only until you see some changes. Keep in mind that if you overdo it, it could deform the surface which would make it more difficult to fix.
Use the Grain Pad to Finish Up and Make the Surface Even With The Entire Dashboard
Apply light pressure to the area which you would like to fix. Ensure you smooth it out evenly and blend in with the rest of the dashboard.
Let It Dry And Observe If You Like The Results
One you have done all four steps provided in this article, leave it for awhile for it to dry. Check after for a while and see if you are satisfied with the results.
Taking care of your jeep is essential especially if you are conscious of how your vehicle looks. One way to ensure that your jeep looks good is to fix scratches. We hope that through this article, you were able to learn how to fix these scratches by yourself. Let us know what you think and do not forget to leave a comment.